About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Luna Chocolate Peppermint Stick Bar (10.19.10)

This morning for my mid-morning snack, I had a Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar. It was the first time I ever tried this flavor, and I'm really glad I did. I've tried just about every one of the Luna Bar flavors at some point, and this was the only one left to "taste-test". I was hesitant at first because for some reason I just didn't think I would like it, but that was far from the truth. It's unfortunate that I waited so long to try this one, because it was actually quite delicious, even better than some of my favorites! It's sweet, a little crunchy with lots of chocolate and just the right amount of mint. At first, the taste seemed familiar. It took me a minute to pinpoint it, but I finally realized that it tastes just like Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies! No wonder I love this bar, Thin Mints have always been my favorite Girl Scout cookie! Like all Luna Bars it's 70% organic and even provides some of the nourishing vitamins & minerals that we need everyday. With 8g of protein and 5g of fiber, this sublime blend of dark chocolate & candy-cane peppermint is not only great tasting, but perfect for a healthy on-the-go snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment