About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spinach & Mushroom Frittata (dinner 10.17.10)

Tonight for dinner I made myself a frittata. I don't make frittatas often, but I really should because they're so filling and nutritious! The possibilities with a frittata are endless and they're so easy to make. My frittata tonight consisted of mushrooms, spinach, onions and mozzarella cheese. It was very tasty and satisfied the egg craving I'd been having. I usually use 1 egg and then egg whites. That way I cut down on the cholesterol, but still get all the nutrients from a whole egg. My frittata looks very large in the picture, but it was pretty thin because I had to fill the entire pan. The smaller the pan you use, the thicker it will be. For a small dessert after dinner I had an Apple Crumb Vitatop. That's all for today, enjoy the rest of your Sunday night everyone!
 

Spinach & Mushroom Single-Serve Frittata
 Ingredients:
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup egg whites (2 eggs worth)
  • 2/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
  • 1/3 cup frozen spinach
  • 2 tbsp onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
  • salt 
  • pepper
Directions:
  1. Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick skillet. Add the onions to the pan, saute until lightly brown. Then add the mushrooms & spinach. Saute on high heat until all veggies are cooked through. Lower heat to medium-low.
  2. Then, in a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, salt & pepper together with a fork. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
  3. Let cook on stove for a minute or two to cook the bottom, then transfer pan to oven.
  4. Let cook 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until egg is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment