About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Think Thin Crunch (breakfast 10.24.10)

It's such a beautiful, sunny morning! It's been cold all week and today it finally warmed up a bit. I had wanted to go for a hike this morning but I'm just not feeling up to it. Last night was a late night and I'm exhausted. I do have to get to the mall though today so I'll get some walking in there. For breakfast I had a couple slices of whole toast with peanut butter and a banana. I had poured myself a bowl of cereal, but then decided I didn't want it & dumped it back. The peanut butter was calling my name instead. Later on for my mid-morning snack, I had a Think Thin Crunch Mixed Nuts & Chocolate Bar. I used to eat Think Thin protein bars all the time a while back. But then at one point I gave up all soy products, and being that the bars were made with soy protein, I stopped eating them. I always really liked them. They taste great, have a nice creamy texture, are low in sugar or sugar free, and contain lots of satiating protein. I had actually forgotten entirely about these bars until I saw this one in the store. They didn't have any of the chewy protein bars that I used to eat, so I figured I'd buy the new crunchy kind and see if it was any good. It of course was, because Think Thin makes great health bars, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the chewy ones. I think I just like chewy bars better in general, I never seem to find too many crunchy bars that I enjoy. This bar is a blend of mixed nuts dipped in a layer of chocolate. It's made with good ingredients and packs in lots of healthy nuts. I liked that peanuts was the first ingredient listed, that way I know I really am eating nuts unlike most "nut" bars that barely even have any in it. The bar contains 10g of protein, 4g of fiber, and only 3g of sugar. Despite that it only contains 3 grams of sugar, it's still sweet. It's sweetened with Maltitol, a sugar alcohol, so that it doesn't spike you insulin levels the way sugar does. Anyhow, I'm glad I found this bar and was reminded of Think Thin. Hopefully I can find myself some of my old favorites around here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment