About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry (dinner 11.14.10)

Deciding on what to make for dinner tonight was tough. I bounced a bunch of ideas back and forth, but I couldn't decide on anything I wanted. Finally after a lot of mindless searching through the kitchen, I decided to make a chicken and broccoli stir-fry with brown rice. It's one of my favorite meals, but I haven't made it in quite a while so I was excited to make it again. I made my stir-fry with chicken, broccoli, onion, & organic soy sauce, and then served it along with brown rice. To make it, I first steamed the broccoli (about 1 cup) to soften it up. While the broccoli was cooking, I cut up a chicken breast (I used a Perdue Perfect Portion All Natural Chicken Breast) into bite size pieces and set it aside. When the broccoli was ready, I drained the excess water, and then added the chicken, chopped onion (about 1/4 cup), and about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce as well as 1 tablespoon of water to the pan. I then sauteed all the ingredients over high heat until the chicken was cooked through & browned, and almost all the moisture had boiled off. I served it with some brown rice (about 1 cup) that I already had made, but ended up just mixing it all together so the extra sauce would blend with the rice. It turned out to be a very easy, healthy, and delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment