About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pasta & meatballs (dinner 11.4.10)

Dinner tonight was one of my favorite, classic Italian meals, pasta & meatballs! I know it should be spaghetti and meatballs, but I'm not really a spaghetti person (I can't eat it without making a mess of myself), so I stick with pasta. My meal consisted of whole wheat pasta, in my mom's homemade tomato sauce, topped with some Parmesan cheese, and two "meatless meatballs", along with a side of steamed asparagus. These meatballs are made by Veggie Patch, and are a meatless alternative to normal meatballs. I do eat meat, but since meatballs are usually made with the not-so-healthy parts of meat, I'd prefer these which are made with soy protein & are all natural. They're also 100% vegetarian, cholesterol free, and high in protein. I've tried these meatballs both plain, and cooked into tomato sauce. In the sauce they taste so much like "normal" meatballs that you wouldn't even know the difference, however when eaten plain, they have an odd taste that doesn't really resemble meatballs. It's strange how much the sauce makes a difference. Anyway, it was a delicious, home-made meal and it definitely hit the spot! Now I think I'm going to have a nice, warm cup of tea & relax for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment