About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Steaz Teas (Full Day 11.21.10)

I made it to Trader Joe's yesterday, so that means my refrigerator is fully loaded with lots of my favorite, healthy foods. In fact both my breakfast & lunch today were from Trader Joe's! Breakfast this morning was a Moral Fiber Blueberry Bran Muffin, half a large banana, and 2 cups of coffee with Skim Milk. For lunch I had Trader Joe's Organic Hearty Minestrone Soup, which was a new find, along with some Multi-Grain Saltine crackers. The soup was good, filling and really healthy as it was loaded with a variety veggies. I also drank a Steaz Sparkling Raspberry Green Tea. I love these teas because they are one of the only zero-calorie beverages that is naturally sweetened, low sodium, full of antioxidants, and actually healthy. I think the explanation on the bottle really is the best way to describe it. It reads "Our zero-calorie sparkling green teas are brewed fresh with sustainably sources, fair trade organic tea and naturally sweetened with leaves from the stevia plant- for a great taste that refreshes the mind, body, and soul without sugar or artificial sweeteners. We use only the finest natural and organic ingredients for a healthy, refreshing soft drink you can feel good about drinking every day." For my snack this afternoon I had a Stonyfield YoKids Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt with some dried cherries mixed in and a Deep Chocolate Vitatop. I like the consistency of the Stonyfield kid's yogurts better than the regular ones, but unfortunately they're smaller so they don't quite count as a full serving of dairy. Dinner tonight was a Gardein Tuscan Breast, a baked potato with some butter, and a side of steamed asparagus. It was a pretty easy meal so thankfully I don't have much to clean up, and I can relax for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment