About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Truvia & Kim's Light Bagels (breakfast 11.14.10)

Good morning everyone! It's such a beautiful day. The sun is shining and I think it might have warmed up a bit too. I'm actually hoping to go for a hike this morning to catch some fresh air and get some exercise in. For breakfast I had a toasted whole wheat mini bagel topped with peanut butter, along with a Stonyfield Organic Super Fruit Yogurt and a banana. I also enjoyed two cups of coffee with skim milk, sweetened with Truvia. Truvia is a natural, zero calorie sweetener made with Rebiana (Stevia) & Erythitol. Being that I often use a combination of Stevia & Erythitol to sweeten my coffee, these pre-mixed packets are perfect. It's much better to use than any artificial sweetener, and it has a nice, clean taste with no bitter aftertaste. According to the box, one packet provides the same level of sweetness as 2 tsp of sugar, but for zero calories. Sounds like I've got myself a new sweetener! The bagel in which I had this morning is a new product that I spotted at the store yesterday. It's made by the company Kim's Light Foods. I bought these bagels instead of
Thomas's Whole Wheat Mini Bagels, and I'm glad I did because not only were they bigger, for the same amount of calories, but also tasted better. These bagels are only 110 calories with 4g of fiber and 5g of protein. I love bagels, but because they're usually so big & loaded with calories, I don't get to enjoy them too often. I'd rather use all those calories on something more substantial. However, these whole wheat mini bagels make it possible to "have your bagel, and eat it too." For my mid-morning snack in a couple hours I plan to have a Deep Chocolate Vitatop, and then I'll head out to the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment