About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Food Should Taste Good Multi-grain Chips (lunch 11.14.10)

My walk this morning was nice & relaxing, and it was great to get some fresh air. I can't believe it's 60 degrees in November! When I got home I had a nice bowl of chili and some chips for lunch. The Chili was Amy's Organic Medium Chili, which was actually very good. The last time I had Amy's Chili I had the Vegetable Chili, which I didn't like so much. So this time I bought the regular old Chili, and I really enjoyed it. It was much higher in calories, with 280 per cup, but it also contained 15 g of protein, and 7g of fiber so it was so hearty that one cup was enough to fill me up. The chips that I had on the side were also a new find. They're Multi-grain tortilla chips made by the brand Food Should Taste Good. To start off, these chips are probably the
healthiest chips you'll find on the market these days. They are all natural, and are made with healthy ingredients including Stone Ground Corn, Brown Rice Flour, Flax Seeds, Oat Fiber, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, and Quinoa. One serving is about 9 chips, which may seem like a small amount, but in reality really wasn't. In that serving you get 3g each of both fiber and protein, and out of the 6g of fat, only .5g is saturated. Food Should Taste Good is all about the taste and their multigrain chips prove that point. They are full of rich taste and have a wonderful texture. Additionally, they quickly fill you up so that you don't over indulge. To me, they had that distinct "tortilla chip" flavor, with a hint of salt and a special nuttyness. These chips were simply delicious and I can't wait to try the other flavors including Buffalo, Chocolate, Jalapeno, Olive, Sweet Potato and The Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment