About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Morning Star Garden Veggie Patty (dinner 11.2.10)

My afternoon snack today was a Stonyfield Organic Fat Free Yogurt with almond slivers mixed in. It was just something small since dinner was going to be early. I had somewhere to go tonight so I had to eat dinner before I left at 5 or I wouldn't get a chance to eat until 9! I threw together a pretty easy, but healthy meal before I had to go, and it actually kept me satisfied for the rest of the night. I had a veggie burger on a whole wheat sandwich thin along with some steamed broccoli and roasted butternut squash. I made the squash by cutting it into cubes, coating it with a little olive oil, sprinkling it with sea salt
and then baking it in a covered baking pan until it softened. The burger was Morning Star's Garden Veggie Patty. It's a "yummy, hearty blend of mushrooms, water chestnuts, onion, carrots, green and red bell peppers, black olives, brown rice, and rolled oats." It provides 11g of protein, 3g of fiber, and only 110 calories per burger. According to the box it's diet exchange is 1 lean meat and 2 vegetables. That's exactly what I look for in a veggie burger, and paired with such a great taste, it's a perfect alternative to meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment