About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scrambled egg (breakfast 11.4.10)

I feel as though every time I'm posting, I'm mentioning how terrible the weather is! Either it's just coincidence, or the weather here is rainy more often than not! Last time I checked I didn't live in Seattle... Anyway, I'm home from work today, so at least I don't have to go out in the rain. My breakfast this morning was good, and a nice switch up from my usual bowl of cereal. I had a scrambled egg, 2 slices of whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast with butter, a banana, and a nice big cup of coffee. The banana was huge and honestly one of the largest I'd ever seen, so I only ate about 2/3 of it and threw the rest out (what a waste!). The whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread that I buy is made by The Vermont Bread Company. Their products are all-natural and are made with good quality, wholesome ingredients. It's also the only whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread I've ever come across, so when I see it, I buy it just to keep in the freezer so that I have it on hand for when I want it. Now I'm just waiting to find whole wheat cinnamon raisin bagels..Yum! For my mid-morning snack I had a Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Bran Muffin. They're small, snack sized muffins made with wheat bran and sweetened with fruit juice. There's only 80 calories per muffin, with 13 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and only 2 grams of sugar! No oil, no butter, no added sugar! I wouldn't say they're the absolute best tasting, but I like them and they're really healthy, so it works for me. I find they're the best when microwaved for 30 seconds just to warm it up & soften the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment