About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Black bean burrito (lunch 11.2.10)

For my mid-morning snack this morning, I really wanted something sweet. With a huge bowl of Halloween candy sitting on my counter, I was so tempted to reach for a piece of chocolate. However, I contained myself and had a Deep Chocolate Vitatop instead. It satisfied my sweet tooth and was a much better choice than the candy would have been. Later on for lunch I made myself a black bean wrap, which more or less ended up being a bean burrito. I made it by taking a low-carb whole wheat wrap, and filling it with black bean dip, organic black beans, reduced-fat Mexican cheese, and lettuce. I used 2 tbsp. of the bean dip to spread across the wrap as my base. The dip was Desert Pepper Trading Company's Spicy Fat Free Black Bean Dip. It was good and it added a spicy kick and lots of flavor. Then I added about a 1/2 cup of black beans, about 3 tbsp. of reduced fat cheese, and a couple leaves of lettuce. I probably should've used a bigger wrap because I think I over-stuffed it a little. It was almost too stuffed to close, but I managed to hold it shut with a toothpick. I then microwaved the wrap for a minute to melt the inside, turning it into a warm & gooey burrito. It was very messy because the inside was falling out of both ends as I ate it, but at least it tasted good! I paired it up with some pineapple for fruit, and it wound up being a healthy, yummy, and filling lunch. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment