About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Barbara's Blueberry Fig Bars (Full Day 11.23.10)

I had the day off today, which was good because I needed time to get ready for Thanksgiving. I have quite a few guests coming for the Holiday so I have a lot of cooking, cleaning, and preparing to do. Thankfully I was able to get some it done today so Thursday won't too hard to manage. Breakfast this morning was a bowl of Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon Oat Cereal with Skim Milk and an apple. I also was able to enjoy two cups of coffee with Skim Milk, and sweetened with Truvia. I had my breakfast around 8, and my Lunch around 11, so there was no need to have a mid-morning snack in between. I usually eat a snack when I have more than 3 hours of time passing in between each meal. This is to keep my metabolism revving and supply a steady flow of energy. Lunch today was pretty simple, and could've probably been more interesting since I was home, but I was busy and it was quick & healthy. I had a Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burger, a Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin with butter, a pack of Emerald's 100 calorie Dark Chocolate Cocoa Roast Almonds for some extra protein, and a banana. This was the first time I tried the cocoa roast
almonds, and I infact really liked them. There's no added sugar so the cocoa doesn't add any extra calories, but they have a nice, deep chocolatey flavor with a light sweetness. They're a perfect, healthy way to fix my chocolate craving. For my afternoon snack I had a Stonyfield Organic Superfruit Yogurt along with a few Barbara's Bakery Blueberry Fig Bars. According to their website, "Barbara’s recipe calls for no added sugar and includes only the finest ingredients such as real fruit and fiber – making these the best you ever tasted. Bursting with juicy blueberries and sun-ripened figs, for an indescribable taste adventure." They're low-fat, low-sodium and sweetened with only real fruit juice. It's one cookie you don't have to feel bad about having. Dinner was one of my weekly favorites, pasta with broccoli & beans. It's a mixture of whole wheat pasta, steamed broccoli, and cooked cannellini beans all tossed together with a little garlic salt. This meal is a staple in my house because it's easy to throw together on busy week nights, is very healthy, and is also super tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment