About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kashi Warm Cinnamon Oat Cereal (breakfast & lunch 10.3.10)

Good afternoon everyone! I just finished my informational post on sugar and artificial sweeteners. It took me a long time to gather the information needed, and even longer to write it all up. It has a lot of interesting and beneficial facts that could be of use to you. Check it out here.
For breakfast this morning I finished up a box of Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon Oat Cereal along with an apple, and 2 cups of coffee with skim milk (not pictured). I hadn't had this cereal in a while, and I didn't want it to turn stale and go to waste, so even though it wasn't my first time trying it, I decided to use it as my "taste test" cereal of the week. This cereal is one that I would most definitely recommend you try. It's a delicious combination of cinnamon-kissed O's, hearts made with whole grain oats, and Kashi's unique blend of Seven Whole Grains. It is sweet and crunchy and has a perfect balance of cinnamon that melds into the milk and enhances every bite. As if the warm, tempting flavor weren't enough, it has great nutrition that speaks for itself. The cereal contains 6 natural antioxidants, including green tea and grape seed extract, has 100% of the daily value of B vitamins along with other vitamins, as well as 5 grams of fiber and only 5 grams of sugar per serving. What's not to like!? Take my advice and get yourself a box of this cereal, I promise you'll enjoy every sweet, 'cinnamony' mouthful.
After breakfast I headed over to a local hiking trail to get some exercise. At first it was a bit chilly, but once I got going it was perfect weather for a hike. When I got back I had a Pure Organic Cherry Cashew Bar as my mid-morning snack. According to their website, this bar is made of 'dried, unsweetened, organic tart cherries that are rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, and Vitamin C. These tiny, tangy tidbits are mixed with organic cashews, omega-3 rich walnuts, heart-healthy almonds, and organic dates. The result: a nutty sweet-tart snack that definitely isn’t the pits.' It was my first time trying this flavor of the bar, and though it wasn't the best I've ever had, it wasn't bad either. It was made with only a few ingredients, all of which were organic and healthy, so to me the good nutrition balances out the taste.
Lunch today was a can of Amy's Organic Split Pea Soup with a slice of Whole Wheat Sliced Italian Bread. The soup was both convenient and nutritious, but I didn't really enjoy the taste. I certainly would've preferred my home-made split pea soup, so next time I'll take the time to make that instead of settling for this. I normally enjoy Amy's products, but I'll admit that this one, I did not. The whole wheat Italian bread however, was quite yummy and didn't taste any different than regular Italian bread. I'm a huge Italian bread fan, but I usually don't buy it because if it's not whole wheat, than it's mainly just empty calories. I had never seen this type of bread made with whole wheat before, so when I saw it, it was a 'must buy'. I'm really glad I found Calandra's Italian & French Bakery Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread and I'll definitely be buying it again, considering I'm able to find it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment