About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Amy's Black Bean Vegetable Soup (dinner 10.24.10)

I didn't feel up to cooking tonight, so dinner was a can of soup. I had Amy's Organic Black Bean Vegetable Soup, with a side of steamed zucchini for an extra veggie. This soup tasted okay, but it definitely wasn't my favorite food from Amy's Kitchen. I liked that it wasn't too spicy, and that it had visible pieces of carrots, potatoes, and celery, but it was just a little too bland and seemed to be missing something. I had originally planned to eat some sweet mini peppers on the side, but they were not to my liking so I threw them out and steamed some zucchini. I had seen a friend of mine eating sweet peppers as a snack, and I wanted to try them myself. I guess her and I don't have a similar sense of taste because I couldn't eat them raw. As always I didn't think about that when I bought them, and now I have a big bag of mini peppers that need to be used. I guess I'll have to cook them into a recipe this week so they don't go to waste. I also snacked on a few reduced-fat Triscuits with a slice of reduced-fat American Cheese while I waited for the soup to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment