About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Santa Fe Good Stuff & potatoes (dinner 10.6.10)

I spent my evening driving around and running errands, so by the time I got home it was already past my dinner time. It would've been easy to make a can of soup or throw something in the microwave real quick, but since I already ate a frozen dinner once this week, I wanted a real meal tonight. I had meat for lunch, and being that I usually only like to eat meat, at most, once a day, I decided to have Gardein "meat" instead. I made a Gardein Santa Fe Good Stuff stuffed "chicken breast" with a side of Alexia's Roasted Red Potatoes & Harvest Vegetables, and some steamed asparagus. The Gardein Santa Fe Good Stuff, like all other Gardein products, is a fake meat substitute made from vegetable and grain
proteins. The only difference here is that these "breasts" are stuffed. The filling is "Santa Fe Style", containing a spicy blend of black beans, corn, peppers, and spices. I love this product because not only does the "meat" (as always) taste and feel very similar to real chicken, but has an extra kick thanks to the yummy filling. Gardein never seems to fail when it comes to "meat" products, no matter how exotic it may be. And of course you can't go wrong with the healthy list of plant-based ingredients and the great nutrition Gardein brings. As for the potatoes, I can officially say that Alexia's potato sides are my new favorite. Tonight I tried the Roasted Red Potatoes & Harvest Vegetables
flavor, and it was delicious, even better than the last kind that I tried. It was roasted red potatoes, batonnet-cut carrots, whole green beans, and onions in a sage infused oil blend. The carrots had a perfect sweetness, and the sage-infused oil gave the dish a terrific flavor. These tasty sides are really so convenient and easy to make. I don't always have time to make a healthy meal from scratch, so having a bag of these in the freezer is perfect for nights when I'm short on time. All together the meal took only about 20 minutes to make, and was not only tasty, but healthy... Just how I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment