About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tuna & hummus sandwich (breakfast & lunch 10.6.10)

Breakfast this morning was a bowl of Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Cereal and a banana. I also ended up having a cup of coffee to warm me up again. I had stopped drinking coffee on school days, but now I remember why I always used to drink it. It really helps warm me up on these chilly mornings. For my mid-morning snack I had packed one of my individual bags of Trader Joe's Go Raw Trail Mix (almonds, walnuts, cashews, hazlenuts, and raisins) and then bought a Clif Chocolate Brownie Bar (I explained more about these here) from the vending machine. I ate the trail mix around 9 and the bar around 11. I waited until I got home around 1 to have lunch again, and I threw together a quick sandwich. I made tuna & hummus on whole wheat with lettuce and tomato. I use hummus as a replacement for mayonnaise to mix in when I make my tuna fish. It works well because it gives it a lot of flavor so you really don't miss the mayo. I also had a pear with my sandwich, which was extra yummy because it was really soft & ripe. For a quick snack this afternoon I grabbed one of my favorite Deep Chocolate Vitatops. It would've been nice to have a homemade muffin being that I picked up a new healthy muffin mix at the store over the weekend, but I haven't had the time yet so I'll hopefully make those this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment