About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kashi Honey Toasted Oat Cereal (breakfast 10.12.10)

For breakfast this morning I "taste-tested" another box of cereal. I had a bowl of Kashi's Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat Cereal with Skim Milk, along with a banana and a cup of coffee. In the past I've always bought the Warm Cinnamon Oat flavor, but since this one was in the same line of product and I wanted something new, I decided to buy it instead. It consisted of a combination of honey-toasted Os, hearts made with whole grain oats, and a unique blend of Seven Whole Grains and Sesame. It tasted like the "grown-up" healthier version of honey nut cheerios. It had a mild flavor and a pleasing but not overwhelming sweetness, and a nice crunch which held up to the milk well and didn't get soggy quickly. It's also very nutritious as it contains 6 natural antioxidants, and 100% of the daily value of B vitamins along with other vitamins. The cereal has only 110 calories per 3/4 cup serving, as well as 5g of fiber, 4g of protein and only 5g of sugar. Just like all Kashi's terrific products, it's a winner in both taste & nutrition.
For a mid-morning snack I had a Clif Chocolate Chip Z-bar, which I had brought with me from home. (I talked more about these here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment