About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta (dinner 10.3.10)

For a snack this afternoon I had an organic peach yogurt with some chopped dried apricots & sliced almonds mixed in. I wasn't sure what to make for dinner, but remembering that I had a garden full of vegetables, I went outside to check out what had grown. I picked 3 butternut squash, 3 eggplants, another huge zucchini, lots of tomatoes, and brussel sprouts. Lots of choices! Since I hadn't had
butternut squash in a while, I decided to roast one and make an easy pasta dish. I love butternut squash, and even though this recipe is simple, it has a lot of flavor. It was even better than I remembered and it's an absolute must-try! I steamed a bunch of the fresh brussel sprouts on the side for some greens, and it turned out to be an easy but yummy, veggie-packed meal. I'll try and use the other vegetables at some point this week so they don't go to waste. There's nothing better than home grown veggies!

Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
Serves 1 (double or triple as needed to serve more)
Ingredients: 
  • 1 serving whole wheat pasta
  • 1 cup chopped butternut squash
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Cut the squash into 1/2 inch cubes and chop the onion.
  2. Add the squash, onions, olive oil, and salt to a small baking pan. Mix well to coat.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for about 30 minutes, or until squash feels soft.
  4. When the squash is almost done boil the water for your pasta and cook according to box.
  5. Once the pasta is done, drain and add to plate.
  6. Pour the cooked squash & onion mixture over the pasta (there should be some liquid at the bottom of the pan to add flavor) & mix.
  7. Serve & enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment