butternut squash in a while, I decided to roast one and make an easy pasta dish. I love butternut squash, and even though this recipe is simple, it has a lot of flavor. It was even better than I remembered and it's an absolute must-try! I steamed a bunch of the fresh brussel sprouts on the side for some greens, and it turned out to be an easy but yummy, veggie-packed meal. I'll try and use the other vegetables at some point this week so they don't go to waste. There's nothing better than home grown veggies!
Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
Serves 1 (double or triple as needed to serve more)
- 1 serving whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut the squash into 1/2 inch cubes and chop the onion.
- Add the squash, onions, olive oil, and salt to a small baking pan. Mix well to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for about 30 minutes, or until squash feels soft.
- When the squash is almost done boil the water for your pasta and cook according to box.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and add to plate.
- Pour the cooked squash & onion mixture over the pasta (there should be some liquid at the bottom of the pan to add flavor) & mix.
- Serve & enjoy!