About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grilled turkey & cheese sandwich (breakfast & lunch 10.5.10)

I feel like I've been saying this everyday, but today I woke up to cold, rainy weather yet again! I've had enough of this, I just want the sun to come back out! For breakfast this morning I had a bowl of cereal and an apple. The cereal was again a mixture of Kashi Go Lean and Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereals, with unsweetened almond milk. I also had a cup of coffee with skim milk (not pictured) because I was so cold this morning that I just needed it to warm me up. I find that as the temperatures get lower, I drink more and more coffee. But I did use half-caf this time, so the caffeine didn't kill me at work! For a snack this morning, I packed a Peanut butter Cookie Luna Bar and a small bag of pretzels. I've been getting home early so instead of packing a lunch, I just wait until I get home to eat. I ate the Luna bar mid-morning, the pretzels around my usual lunch time, and then had a real lunch when I got home around 1:30. I made a grilled turkey & cheese sandwich, and had a banana for some fruit. The sandwich consisted of 2 slices of reduced-fat American cheese, and 2 oz of sliced turkey breast on whole wheat bread. My warm sandwich hit the spot and was a much better choice than any cold sandwich would've been. It was also an easy way to put my new grill to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment