About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Amy's Vegetable Pot Pie (lunch 10.27.10)

Today ended up being quite an easy day. Luckily I didn't have a lot going on at work so I was able to leave by 11:30! I had packed a sandwich for lunch, but since I went home I decided to have something else and save the sandwich for tomorrow.  So instead, I had an Amy's Vegetable Pot Pie. I first tried this pot pie a while back, and even though it isn't low in either calories nor fat, it's still healthier than normal pot pies. It's a quick, healthy comfort-food ready in 5 minutes and full of veggies, whole grains, and flavor. The only thing I don't like is that the fat content is a little high, but it's made with all natural ingredients so that makes me feel better. The crust is thick and doughy on the inside, and crunchy around the edges. It's made with organic whole wheat flour and has a nice, warm flavor to it. The filling consists of soft potatoes, carrots, peas, and tofu "chicken" in a creamy, well seasoned sauce. Surprisingly, the pie is very filling even though it looks a little small. Amy's also makes a Non-Dairy Vegetable Pot Pie, which is even better from a nutritional standpoint as it contains much less saturated fat. However, I think that they both taste great and are a nice, healthier alternative to most pot pies which are loaded with calories, fat, and unhealthy ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment