Spinach & Mushroom Single-Serve Frittata
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup egg whites (2 eggs worth)
- 2/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick skillet. Add the onions to the pan, saute until lightly brown. Then add the mushrooms & spinach. Saute on high heat until all veggies are cooked through. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Then, in a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, salt & pepper together with a fork. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Let cook on stove for a minute or two to cook the bottom, then transfer pan to oven.
- Let cook 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until egg is cooked through.