About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Chili & mini pitas (breakfast & lunch 10.11.10)

Ok so I realize I haven't posted all weekend, but I have good reason. I spent most of the time out of the house, and I think I'd get a lot of weird stares if I sat there taking pictures of my food in public. So I figured I'd take the weekend off and get back on track today since I have the day off. For breakfast this morning I had my usual bowl of cereal (half Kashi Go Lean, half Kashi Go Lean Crunch with unsweetened Almond Milk) and a banana. I also had two cups of coffee (not pictured), since I was home and able to enjoy it. Later this morning I had a Deep Chocolate Vitamuffin which I ate in the car on my way to Trader Joe's. I picked up a bunch of good things at Trader Joe's which I'm excited to try this week. For lunch I had a can of Organic Vegetarian Chili with a few Whole Wheat Mini Pita's. Both of which were new finds that I enjoyed very much. The Chili was great, it was made with organic ingredients, and had a lot of flavor, and the mini pita's were cute and perfect for dipping. (The picture makes it look very blah, but in person it looked and tasted a lot better than that). After lunch I went for a hike with my family. It's such a beautiful day and I wanted to take advantage since it's been rainy for so long! Now I'm home and I'm having a Trader Joe's Organic Lowfat Raspberry Yogurt and an apple for my afternoon snack. That's all for now, Happy Columbus Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment