About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Turkey & hummus sandwich (breakfast & lunch 10.14.10)

Phew! I made it home just before the storm. Only a few minutes later and I would've gotten caught in the rain! At least I was able to get some exercise in today seeing that tomorrow's weather isn't looking too good either. Now I'm snuggled up in my PJ's and slippers, relaxing for the rest of the night. Luckily I have some free time to catch up on some things, including my breakfast post! I was running a little behind this morning and never got a
chance to post before I left. Breakfast was a nice, warm bowl of oatmeal. It was really cold upon waking up and I was hoping a hot meal would do the trick. I used a packet of Erewhon Organic Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, and then added raisins and almond slivers to make it a bit more substantial. I also had a banana for fruit and a cup of coffee to help warm me up. For my mid-morning
snack, I had a Smores Luna Bar which I had brought with me from home. It actually did a good job of holding me over given that I didn't get a chance to have lunch until I got home around two. As you know, I like to eat every two to three hours to keep my metabolism going. I don't usually go five hours without eating, so I'm surprised I wasn't starving by the time I had lunch. When I finally got home, I made myself a sandwich since it was quick and I didn't want to wait. It was the usual turkey and hummus on whole wheat bread, which I ate along with some pretzels and an apple. That's all for now, enjoy your afternoon! Just one more day until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment