About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Homemade pizza (dinner 10.1.10)

It's Friday night, and for many people, that means Pizza night. Ever since I was a kid, my family has always had pizza on Friday nights. Unfortunately, Pizza has a bad rep these days. It's thought of as fattening and greasy, which in some cases is true, but it doesn't have to be. More and more restaurants are offering whole wheat pizza these days, and you can always load your slice up with veggies instead of cheese. Of course, it's ok to treat yourself to your favorite slice every once in a while, whether that be cheese, meat, or some other fancy topping. But I wouldn't advise eating it on a regular basis. So instead of ordering pizza tonight, I saved money & calories by making my own healthy personal pizza. I was alone for dinner tonight so there was no point in ordering in when I could easily make it myself. I used a pre-made whole wheat personal pizza crust and topped it with tomato, mushroom, a pinch of basil, oregano & garlic salt, and soy mozzarella cheese. [Regular mozzarella or any reduced fat variety would have been just as good, but I prefer the soy cheese because I've found that it melts and tastes more like full-fat cheese than reduced-fat. The brand I used is Galaxy Mozzarella Flavor Veggie Shreds.] I then threw the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes and it was done. Quicker than delivery.. and much healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment