About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Clif Kid's Bars (breakfast & lunch 9.27.10)


Another rainy, humid day =( I didn't want to get up this morning, this weather makes me just want to sleep! Not to mention, I'm catching a cold and can barely breathe out of my nose. For breakfast I had a bowl of cereal and a banana. It was the usual, Kashi Go Lean with almond milk. Lunch was later than usual, only because I knew I'd be getting home a little early today, so I decided not to pack a lunch. I'm sure I'll be eating enough packed sandwiches the rest of the week, so I was glad to have something else today. To hold me over until I got home, I threw one of the individual packages of Trader Joe's Go Raw Trail Mix, and a Clif Kid's Bar in my bag to snack on. Clif Kid's Bars are small whole grain energy bars, similar to granola bars. Contrary to other Clif Bars, these bars are made of whole oats, are low
 fat, and contain no artificial ingredients. Original Clif Bars pack lots of calories, sugar and not much nutritional value. These bars however, have organic rolled oats listed as the first ingredient, and contain other good ingredients like oat bran, and flax seed. Also, since these bars are targeted at growing kids, they contain 12 essential vitamins & minerals that we need everyday. They do contain added sugar so they shouldn't be an everyday item, but if you're looking for a quick & healthy on-the-go bar without tons of calories, these will do the trick.
I got home around 1:30 and then had a real lunch. I heated up the leftover potatoes & mushrooms from Saturday night's dinner (which were even better the second time around), and a Stonyfield Organic Fat-Free French Vanilla Yogurt with some Bear Naked Fit Vanilla Almond Crunch Granola mixed in. I don't have a lot of work to do today so I'm going to take advantage of that and just relax. Curling up in a blanket and watching a movie sounds perfect just about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment