About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chicken nuggets & potatoes (dinner 9.25.10)

Even though it's Saturday night and I wouldn't normally cook, I was really in the mood to. Not only did I cook dinner, I made a Zucchini Bread to enjoy for breakfast tomorrow morning! For dinner I made my own chicken nuggets with a side of Alexia's Roasted Potatoes & Mushrooms, and steamed zucchini. The meal came out great and I even got the timing perfect so nothing burnt or got cold! I made the chicken nuggets by cutting a small chicken breast into bite size pieces, dipping them in egg white, and then coating them in whole wheat panko breadcrumbs. I put them on a greased baking sheet and baked them until they were crispy. The potatoes were something new I found at the grocery store today. It was roasted red potatoes, baby portabello mushrooms, whole green beans, and onions in a thyme-infused oil blend with olive oil. It was a quick & easy side that you just empty into a skillet, saute, and serve. Not to mention, all natural & healthy! And to top it all off, I don't even have a sink full of dishes! I washed everything as I went along and now the sink is empty (besides my plate, ofcourse), so I can relax and enjoy my Saturday night!

1 comment:

  1. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Protein Snack Online

    ReplyDelete