About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Burger & a salad (dinner 9.29.10)

I've been home since one and somehow I've managed to get none of my work done yet!? Where has the time gone?
For a snack this afternoon I had a Stonyfield Organic Strawberry Fat Free Yogurt with some Unsweetened Dark Sweet Dried Cherries mixed in. They were kind of big so I cut them in half to be about the size of raisins.
Dinner tonight was another one of Trader Joe's Mahi Mahi Burgers on a whole wheat sandwich thin, with a big salad. The salad was lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, red onion, and strawberries. I used some olive oil & salt for flavor because I didn't have any good dressing to use. I've always been really picky with dressing and can never seem to find one that I like. Last weekend I bought Annie's Organic Ceaser dressing to try, and when I tasted a little on my finger it seemed really sour. I didn't have a lot of time so I didn't want to pour it all over my salad, not like it, and then have to make a entirely new one. I also would've liked to have added walnuts but I used them all up when I made zucchini bread
and didn't have any in the house. As for the burger, it was just as good as the first time I had it, and the fact that it's frozen still seems to amaze me. I wish I had found these earlier because they're absolutely delicious! Anyhow, I enjoyed my meal but now I have to go get my work done for tomorrow. I'm going to have a handful of Blue Diamond Vanilla Bean Roasted Almonds for dessert. I'll explain more about these at another time. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment