About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pasta e Fagioli (Dinner 9.21.10)

Tonight for dinner I made one of my all time favorites, Pasta e Fagioli. It's a pasta and bean classic Italian soup that brings you the tastes of Italy alongside good nutrition. My mom used to make it when I was a kid and it has always been my favorite. I only made it for myself tonight, so my recipe only makes one big serving. You can double or triple the recipe as needed to make more. I had some Kashi Fire Roasted Vegetable whole grain crackers with mine as well.

Pasta e Fagioli
 Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup white cannelini beans
  • About 2 1/2 cups water
  • 1/3 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 small tomato, diced
  • 3 tbsp. onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 5 large baby carrots
  • 1/4 cup (dry) whole wheat elbows (1/2 serving)
  • 1 tsp parsley
  • 1/8 tsp basil
  • Dash of salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. Add beans to the pot & cover with the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Meanwhile, chop all the needed ingredients & add all ingredients (except pasta) to the pot.
  3. Boil for about 15 minutes, then lower the heat & let simmer 1-2 hours until thickens.
  4. When it's almost ready to be served, make pasta as usual, drain & add to soup. 
  5. Serve & Enjoy! 
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Serving Size: 1 recipe
Calories: 341, Total Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 906 mg, Carbohydrates: 66g, Dietary Fiber: 13g, Sugar: 11g, Protein: 17g

    No comments:

    Post a Comment