About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pasta with Spinach, Broccoli & White Beans (dinner 9.26.10)

Dinner tonight was one of my classic favorites. Whole wheat pasta with spinach, broccoli and cannellini beans. I've made this dish for years and I never get sick of it. It's pretty easy & kind of self explanatory but I'll explain how I make it anyway. You can use as much of each ingredient as you'd like depending on how many you're cooking for.

Pasta with Spinach, Broccoli & White Beans 
Ingredients:
  • Whole wheat pasta
  • Cannellini beans
  • Broccoli
  • Spinach
  • Garlic (lots of it)
  • Olive oil
  • Dash of salt


Directions:
  1. Steam the broccoli & spinach and then set aside.
  2. Then heat a nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add garlic (lots of it), stirring until golden.
  3. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil & cook the pasta according to box.
  4. Next add the broccoli & spinach to skillet with garlic; stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
  5. Add white beans, and cook until the beans are heated through, about 3 minutes.
  6. When the pasta is finished cooking, drain & add to skillet along with a little salt & mix. Cook for a couple minutes to allow flavors to blend.
  7. Serve & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment