About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quick quesadilla (Breakfast & Lunch 9.12.10)

Happy Sunday! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend (or long weekend, like me). It's such a gloomy day I'm glad I can just stay home and relax today. Maybe I'll throw on some sweatpants and watch a movie! For breakfast this morning I had 2 slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana. It was simple but hit the spot. Later on in the morning I had a Larabar Jocalat Bar as a snack. I like these bars because they have no added sugar and are made with just a few natural ingredients. I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but you'll notice that I eat a lot of snacks. This is because I try and eat something every 2-3 hours. Eating often keeps your metabolism constantly going and supplies sufficient energy throughout the day. This doesn't mean I eat huge meals every 2-3 hours, just sometimes something small and well-balanced to keep me going. Here is a link that can explain this further. For lunch I made a quick quesadilla. I used a multi-grain wrap, folded it in half, filled it with chicken and cheese and cooked it on the stove. I used soy mozzarella cheese because I think it melts better, but regular cheese tastes just as great. I also cut up some apple slices to go with it. Then in the afternoon I had a packet of organic oatmeal with raisins to hold me over until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment