About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Monday, September 6, 2010

"Bologna" sandwich (9.6.10)

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted. The last two days have been pretty busy since summer is ending & it's time to go back to school =( I spent a beautiful day at the beach today! Great way to finish off my summer and enjoy Labor Day. For breakfast this morning I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Cereal with skim milk and a banana. I also had a cup of coffee with skim milk (not pictured) on my way to the beach. Since I would be at the beach all day, I had to pack a lunch in order to eat healthy. The only food choices at the concession stand are fried and fattening. So before I left I made myself a "bologna" and Hummus sandwich on whole wheat bread and packed a package of Late July Organic Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers. I used Cedar's Garden Vegetable Hummus, and Smart Deli Bologna. Since normal bologna is made from the "extra" parts of all different animals (yuck!), you don't really know what you're eating. But I can tell you, it's nothing you'd otherwise want to eat, and definitely isn't any good for you.
So instead of missing out, I buy Smart Deli Bologna flavored Veggie Protein Slices, which are made from veggie protein, and contain no animal bi products, but taste a lot like bologna. Basically, you get the best of both worlds, great taste & nutrition! For a snack after the beach, I had a Clif Kid's Chocolate Chip Z-bar (I explained more about these here), and some fruit salad. Then for dinner I made myself a personal whole wheat pizza (I buy pre-made whole wheat pizza crusts from Stop&Shop) with fresh tomatoes, oregano, chicken breast, and soy mozzarella cheese. Fat free or low fat cheese would work well too, but I've found that soy cheese not only melts better, but tastes more like full fat cheese as well. With my pizza I also had a side of steamed Broccoli & Lima beans. Time to go get ready for tomorrow, enjoy your night!







No comments:

Post a Comment