About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Kashi & Kashi again (breakfast 9.30.10)

Good morning! Today is yet another rainy day, but luckily I don't have to go out in it! I stayed home from work today because I was up most of the night not feeling too well. I decided to take a personal day and catch up on some things and sleep in a little. For breakfast this morning I had the same cereal mixture as yesterday, half Kashi Go Lean & half Kashi Go Lean Crunch with a banana. I also had a cup of coffee with skim milk this morning (not pictured). I like to enjoy a cup of coffee when I'm home because I don't drink it very often. I wish I had decaf though because now I'm jittery from the caffine! Anyway I'm currently having my mid-morning snack which is a Kashi Go Lean Chocolate Peanutbutter Chewy Bar.
I love these bars, but don't enjoy them often because they contain a lot of calories and sugar. Recently they made a smaller version of these bars for less calories so I picked a few up since I hadn't had one in a while. Instead of the original 290 calories this one has 200 calories, 10g of protein and 5g of fiber. It still has alot of sugar but since it taste's like a candy bar I'd expect it to. It is however all natural & made with whole grains so it's not a bad treat. Have a great day everyone & try not to get stuck in the rain!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going let my Mother-in-law know about this site...she will love it... she's doing the same thing at the moment! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Laura! I'm always happy to have new people on the blog, that's what it's here for. I appreciate your support & I will keep following your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete