About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Monday, September 13, 2010

PB&J (Breakfast & Lunch 9.13.10)

It's Monday, that means back to work =( This will be my first 5-day week of the new school year, it's going to be long! For breakfast this morning I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Cereal with Unsweetened Almond Milk, and a banana. I use Almond Milk sometimes as a healthy alternative to cow's milk. I've found that it tastes very similar to the regular skim milk (Skim Plus) that I buy. It's good for you obviously for the reason that it is made from almonds, which I'm sure you've heard can be very beneficial to your health. It's also a good option for lactose intolerant people because it is lactose free. Although if you're going to buy Almond Milk, it's best to buy fortified brands so that you still get your calcium and vitamin D. For a mid-morning snack I had a reduced-fat string cheese (not pictured) that I had brought with me from home. I eat breakfast at 6 and lunch at 12 on school days, so I usually need a little something in between to keep me going. For lunch I packed a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread with an apple (not pictured). I don't have a fridge at school so I usually have to make simple brown bag lunches that won't go bad by lunchtime. Then, when I got home I had two slices of whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast with a little butter & a Dr. Praegar's California Veggie Burger for some protein. I'm not sure yet what I'll be making for dinner, but I think it might have something to do with avocado being that I have one starting to brown and I'd like to use it before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment