About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cheesy Mediterranean Pasta (Dinner 9.15.10)

Tonight for dinner I wanted to try something new. I looked through a bunch of recipes & couldn't find anything I really felt like cooking. So I mixed together a couple of recipes and came up with a pasta dish using eggplant, tomatoes, spinach and cheese.

Cheesy Mediterranean Pasta


Ingredients:
  • 1 serving (1 cup cooked) whole wheat pasta
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 cup raw spinach
  • 1 small tomato, chopped
  • 1 cup eggplant, cubed
  • 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small non stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant and lightly browned.
  3. Add the spinach, onion, tomato, eggplant, salt, and oregano. Cook until spinach wilts & all vegetables are cooked through. 
  4. When the pasta is finished cooking, drain & add to the mixture. Cook 1-2 minutes, until well combined.
  5. Right before removing from heat, add the cheese and mix through until melted.
This recipe serves 1. To make for more, simply just double, triple, etc.
*For a cheesier taste, try adding some more cheese after removing from heat.

Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 354, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 534mg, Carbohydrates: 53g, Fiber: 10g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 18g

No comments:

Post a Comment