Cheesy Mediterranean Pasta
- 1 serving (1 cup cooked) whole wheat pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, cubed
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small non stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add the spinach, onion, tomato, eggplant, salt, and oregano. Cook until spinach wilts & all vegetables are cooked through.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain & add to the mixture. Cook 1-2 minutes, until well combined.
- Right before removing from heat, add the cheese and mix through until melted.
This recipe serves 1. To make for more, simply just double, triple, etc.
*For a cheesier taste, try adding some more cheese after removing from heat.
Calories: 354, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 534mg, Carbohydrates: 53g, Fiber: 10g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 18g