About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bora Bora Superfood Bar (Breakfast 9.19.10)

Good morning everyone! Thank god for Sundays, I'm wiped! Last night was a really late night and I only slept about 5 hours. Hopefully that means I'll sleep extra good tonight. Breakfast this morning was a bowl of cereal (again, a mixture of Nature's Path Smart Bran & Flax Plus cereals) and a banana. I don't have much to do today so I'm going to try & do some baking at some point, so I'll probably be posting a new recipe for you to try later! I also had a Bora Bora Exotic Coconut Almond Superfood Bar mid-morning. It was a new product I saw at CVS yesterday that looked good. It's made with only a few select ingredients, all of which were organic, so I gave it a try. On a taste level, it wasn't all that good. It had an odd texture and was quite chewy due to the coconut. But on a nutritional level it scores high. According to the Bora Bora website, this bar is considered a super food because it contains almonds; which have been shown to promote healthy cholesterol levels, are rich in antioxidants and have properties to support weight loss. Coconut; which studies have shown may be helpful in boosting the immune system and even promoting weight loss. And honey; which contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants. That's all for now, have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment