About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Organic Maple Syrup (breakfast 9.25.10)

I woke up in a panic this morning because I couldn't find my phone. I searched the entire house before I finally found it all the way under my bed. It must have fallen while I was sleeping? Anyhow, after that I couldn't fall back asleep so I've been up since 6 on a Saturday! I can tell already I am going to need a nap later. For breakfast I had two whole wheat Nature's Path Flax Plus Waffles (the same company that makes my cereal) with some organic maple syrup and a banana. I use 100% Organic Maple Syrup, this way I am sure of what I'm getting. These days a lot of the maple syrup products you find at the store have added sugars and fillers, which is completely unnecessary. What is the point in adding bad sugar (high fructose corn syrup), to perfectly good sugar? I also believe organic maple syrup has a much richer flavor, and is better for you. Even though it is sugar, maple syrup is not that bad for you because it's a nature-made sugar and contains trace minerals (As long as it's pure maple syrup). So you can enjoy it from time to time without feeling guilty! I also had a Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate Granola Bar for a mid-morning snack in the car today while I was running some errands.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Buy açaí snack

    ReplyDelete