About Eat Like Me

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Eat Like Me blog! I'm Emma- a Nutrition major & kind of a health nut! I'm really into eating healthy & nourishing my body. It amazes me how much food can really affect your life and change the way you feel. I've been into healthy eating since I was a teen and I wanted to share my interest with all of you! I'll admit that I have days when I do not make the best food choices but my goal is to just get back on track and stay healthy as often as I can. Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy my food. There are lots of flavorful, healthy foods & recipes, and even desserts! On this blog I will share with you what I eat, along with recipes & pictures. You could use my blog as a guide to healthy eating, or just for recipes and ideas!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kashi Go Lean Crunch (breakfast 9.29.10)

I went to bed early last night and got a great night's sleep. I think my cold is finally starting to fade so hopefully it'll be completely gone by tomorrow. To start my day off today I had a bowl of cereal and a banana. The cereal was a mixture of Kashi Go Lean & Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereals. I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch, but since it's a bit high in both calories and sugar, I like to pair it up with regular Kashi Cereal to balance it out for my morning meal. It's a granola-type cereal, crunchy & sweet, but made from the Kashi seven-whole grain blend & full of protein and fiber. Both cereals provide excellent taste along with great nutrition and are hearty to keep you full longer. I've been eating both of these cereals for years, and they would definitely be two of my favorites, together or alone. For a snack this morning I had a Kashi Go Lean Cinnamon Coffee Cake Bar and a reduced fat string cheese to hold me over since lunch was going to be late. I got home around 1 and had my lunch then. I was quite hungry since I'm so used to eating lunch much earlier, so I just threw together a quick hummus and chicken wrap. I used one of Rudi's Organic Multi-grain Wraps with Cedar's Garden Vegetable Hummus, Perdue Short Cuts Grilled Chicken Breast, and some lettuce. On the side I cut up some pineapple for a fruit. I'm feeling overwhelmed because I have a lot to get done tonight so I better stop wasting time and get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment